The Trombley-Centre House is the oldest frame house still
standing in Bay County. The house was built in the classic "Greek Revival Style," a style popular in the mid-west
from 1820-1840. Now located in Veterans Memorial Park, the house is currently being renovated under the guidance of
the Trombley-Centre House Committee. Since being moved from its original site near 24th and Water Streets, the renovation
of the home has become a constant effort of many volunteers under the guidance of the Bay County Historical Society.
Although renovations are still
in progress, the house is used during events such as River of Time, the Holiday Open House, luncheons, educational programs
and for meetings. Tours are also available by appointment.
An heirloom Vegetable Garden is maintained at the Trombley-Centre
House growing plant varieties from the 1800s. In addition, the historic herb garden is maintained by the Olde Thyme
Herb Society, an affiliate group of the BCHS.