Boys Club opened its doors on Adams Street in 1957 under the supervision of the Bay City Police Department. In the 1970's,
the Club moved into the Quonset huts at their current location, 300 West Lafayette Avenue, known as the Bay City Boys Club.
Over the decades, the organization has seen remarkable growth in the number of children served. In 1991, Boys Clubs of America
changed their name to Boys & Girls Clubs, allowing girls in common membership.
Boys & Girls Clubs of
the Great Lakes Bay Region has been in operation for over five decades. The organization today runs programs in six facilities:
the original Bay City Unit; Essexville Unit (since 2001), Pinconning Unit (since 2001), Saginaw and Carrollton Units (since
2011) and KidsCampUs (since 2017).
Join CEO Ginger Drzewicki and Directors Jerry Gomez and Ray Garcia for a look at the history
of the Club to today’s programs and services.