of the Bay City Boys & Girls Club"
with Ginger Drzewicki, Jerry Gomez &
The Boys Club opened its doors on Adams Street in 1957 under the supervision of the Bay City Police Department. In the 1970's,
the Club moved into the Quonset huts at their current location, 300 West Lafayette Avenue, known as the Bay City Boys Club.
Over the decades, the organization has seen remarkable growth in the number of children served. In 1991, Boys Clubs of America
changed their name to Boys & Girls Clubs, allowing girls in common membership.
Boys & Girls Clubs of the Great Lakes Bay Region has been
in operation for over five decades. The organization today runs programs in six facilities: the original Bay City Unit; Essexville
Unit (since 2001), Pinconning Unit (since 2001), Saginaw and Carrollton Units (since 2011) and KidsCampUs (since 2017).
Join CEO Ginger Drzewicki and Directors Jerry
Gomez and Ray Garcia for a look at the history of the Club to today’s programs and services.
Second Saturday 2018
January 13: The Edmund Fitzgerald Investigations (Ric
February 10: Bangor Township: Past, Present
& Future (Glenn Rowley)
March 10: Bay Concert Band
(James Griffiths & Peter Makar)**
History of Michigan Sugar (Rob Clark & Alissa Kane)
May 12: Letters to Tomorrow: JFK Peace Time Capsule
June 9: History of Boys and Girls Club (Ginger Drzewicki, Ray
Garcia & Jerry Gomez)
July 14: History
of River of Time (Jan Rau)
11: History of Gougeon Bros. (Alana Gurski)
8: Hell's Half Mile Film Festival (Alan LaFave)
13: Story of Pine Ridge
Cemetery (Chelsea Berg)
November 10: History of Herman Hiss & Co.
**No December Presentation**
*Topic and speaker may
be subject to change
**Will be held off-site in conjunction with Michigan History Day finals